As the Landscaper, you will be responsible for landscape work at multiple properties (up to 20). This would include mowing, trimming, mulching, weeding and other tasks associated with maintaining the properties. This candidate will also be in charge of snow plowing and removal for several businesses in the Rochester area. The ideal candidate will be creative, with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Conduct general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways, laying mulch, and other duties.
- Apply fertilizer to help enhance growth.
- Take out weeds and dead plants.
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges, and leaves.
- Uphold the landscaping design and ensure plant growth.
- Plant new decorative bushes, flowers, plants, and shrubs.
- Supervise maintenance repairs to equipment, landscape structures, outdoor furniture, and walkways.
- Apply pesticides to remove harmful insects such as mosquitos, wasps, and ticks.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a landscaping, mowing or groundskeeping role.
- Must be able to operate maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers.
- Strong knowledge of pest management and basic lawn maintenance.
- Strong ability to plow and 3+ years experience doing so.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Landscape Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Mowing: 2 years (Required)
- Snow Plowing: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road